first the rules :
1. On your blog, provide a link to this page. (http://greatbong.net/book). Embedding the above picture in your blog would be nice but not needed. http://greatbong.net/2010/01/31/may-i-hebb-your-attention-pliss-contest-1/
2. Then write down your top 10 Hindi movie lines or top 10 English movie lines (You can do both if you want. Only one set is required for the contest). If you cannot think of top 10, make it top 5. Cannot think of even 5? Make it top 3. No problem. Only restriction: no two lines from same movie. This done to make it fair for other movies so that they dont get swamped by Gunda or Loha or Sholay.
3. Tag five friends to do the same.
4. Come over to the comment-space of this post and post your blog’s link so I can go and read it.
Remember: Before starting the tag, paste points 1 and 4 on your blog so that the rules are available to anyone who wishes to pick the tag up from your blog.
1. Kya kar raha hain yaar, mard ban, be a man! This is a line from Dil Chahtha Hain. There might be many more better lines from movies that were released later, but Dil Chahtha Hain has a special place in my heart. It was one of the very first ‘cool’ movies with characters more close to real life than others of it’s time. Akash says this to Sid. Although Sid is being trampled all over by his demanding girlfriend, Akash’s real intentions in saying this were to land Sid in trouble and have some fun in the process!
2. Hamare ek pair future mein, ek pair past mein, tabhi to hum present pe moot rahe hai – This one is from Rang De Basanti. Daljit(DJ) and his friends are in a nightclub and are celebrating Ajay Rathod(Madhavan)’s promotion or something. This dialgoue made me laugh my guts out, but there is so much deep meaning to it.
3. Yunke sochne wali baat to yeh hain….. Basanti(Hema Malini) starts everything she says with this quote.
4. Rahul, naam tho suna hoga – This one is from Dil To Pagal Hain, but could have been from any movie with Rahul, oops, SRK in it!
5. Thehar papi main teri zabaan khench lunga…….shaant gadadhari bheem shaant! – This gem of a dialogue sequence is from Jaane Bhi DO Yaaron’s Mahabharat scene. This sequence of 2 dialogues is repeated 4-5 times because the guy who is supposed to say the next dialogue has been taken hostage by Satish Shah. The entire Mahabharat scene is rip-roaringly funny.
6. Teja main hoon, mark idhar hain! – Another gem of a dialogue, this time from Andaz Apna Apna. Teja(Paresh Rawal) keeps saying this so that he is not confused with his evil twin brother!
7. Bade Bade Deshon Mein Aisee Chhoti Chhoti Baatein Hoti Rehti Hain – Another SRK dialogue even though I am no great fan of king Khan. This one has been used to death by every Tom, Dick, and Harry!
8. I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse. – from The Godfather. The only dialogue that I really remember from this movie, but one of the few Hollywood movie dialogues that I remember!
9. Mrs. Robinson, are you trying to seduce me? – from The Graduate. The very young and cute Dustin Hoffman says this.
10. Hum angrozon ke zamane ke jailer hain – Asrani in Sholay.