Although I have just finished a 25 things tag, this one, tagged by IHM is different in that I need to write 25 things about myself things you were better off not knowing 🙂 I have borrowed a few from my old 25 things tag and most reveal the kind of person I am.
1. I cry whenever I see a character in a movie cry. No matter how silly the acting is, I cry.
2. I am a workout junkie. I like running, walking, the elliptical trainer, weights, abs exercises and everything else under the sun. BUT I hate working out outdoors. I need strict climate control to be able to sweat it out!
3. I am fairly tall for an Indian girl(5’8″) and am also broad shouldered and wide. Most of my life I have been the tallest and the biggest girl around. My feet are huge too. While I was growing up, my mom had to buy clothes at least 1 size big so they fit my height and shoulders, consequently, all my clothes were loose elsewhere. I also find it difficult to find footwear that does not look like man-sandals.
4. I am a horrible singer but I love to sing. I have been warned not to sing in public.
5. I argue with anyone who I feel is undermining women, irrespective of the social setting or my relationship with them. As a result, I come across as a rude, arrogant woman to a lot of people who are not used to women arguing.
6. I love to dress up only when I want to. I hate to do it when I am ‘needed’ to. I might put flowers in my hair by myself but if you ask me to, I won’t. Ditto with wearing traditional outfits, bindi etc.
7. If I feel like I am getting hurt, I do not speak out. I keep it bottled up and go and cry in the bathroom.
8. I feel most comfortable in sweatpants and a tee or a kurta and jeans.
9. I have a little sister and sometimes I treat her like she is my daughter , sometimes we are like friends and other times, she gives me advise on what to wear and what not to!
10. The husband has a better sense of fashion than yours truly. He also has infinite patience to wait outside the trial room for hours while I try out outfits. He also gives suggestions as to what looks good and what does not.
11. I love organizing. This does not, however, apply to the closet which is as shabby as it can get. Give me papers and files and folders and clips and such stationery and I am off!
12. I think I have an obsessive compulsive disorder when it comes to walking on a tiled surface. I try not to step on the lines, always try to place my foot INSIDE the tile. Imagine my consternation when I find tiles that are too small for my foot!
13. I dislike Indians who break out into their mother tongue the moment they realize you know the language even when you are with other people who do not. I hate it when I feel left out of a conversation so I hate it when someone does it to others.
14. I have a bad habit of assuming things about people. Most often my instincts are correct but there are times when I have had to reassess a person after spending time with them. I am working on trying not to jump to conclusions about people.
15. I do not believe in assigned traditional roles for the sexes. Although I might do things that seem more female oriented than not, it is because I want to do them, not because i HAVE to do them.
16. I have begun to love the idea of having a baby. I get overwhelmed with emotion whenever I see a pregnant friend.
17. I am averse to socializing in big groups. I do not mind small, close group to socialize. I’d rather sit on the couch and read a book or watch the news or chat with the husband than go out and party!
18. I get embarassed and red faced when someone other than the husband praises me. I do not take very well to praise that is heaped publicly.
19. I hate being in the limelight. I cringe and my worst smile comes to the fore. Imagine my status on my wedding day then, where I was the center of all attention. I am seen smiling awkwardly, shying from the cameras in all pictures. I also have a terrible fear of the microphone.
20. I like the idea of me cooking up a great traditional meal but I lack the requisite skills.
21. I always feel like I am the most boring employee of my office. Also the most nerdy and geeky!
22. I have 2 left feet. I was enrolled in a Bharatanatyam class when I was 14. I learnt for 2 full years before the instructor ran away(yes he did). My family says he ran away because he could not bear to see the dance form being butchered by my clumsy moves!
23. I read more women-authored blogs than mens’. The husband says I am biased towards women. I hope it is not true.
24. I never forget people who have been nasty to me. I have a very sharp memory and I remember their deed for life.
25. There is a certain ‘type’ of women and men I absolutely hate. I shall refrain from saying what the exact type is, but if I talk to you or read your blog, it is not you!