- Video piracy gone viral. Sudhir Mishra and the cast and crew of Tera Kya Hogga Johnny got the shock of their life when one of the crew members discovered that their entire film (in 10 minute clips) had been uploaded on the internet. This is the first such film from Bollywood to have been leaked even before its theatrical release. Shame shame.
- Recession? What recession? Louis Vuitton opened its newest store in Mumbai, and that caused the Bolly-glitterati to descend in their LV finery at Taj Lands’ End. The occasion also saw Frieda Pinto fly all the way from New York(yeah she has shifted base there…some people have it all!)
- At a recent awards function Katrina Kaif was to be awarded the best actress award(I know!) by Kareena andKareena declined saying that in the past Kat has done the same to her. These girls sure have a hate-hate relationship!
- The ice between Vivek Oberoi and the Bachchans has finally been thawed. If new reports are to be believed VO walked up to AB senior and initiated a dialogue and shared a few laughs with him. That done, SRK then made peace between AB baby and VO. So all that remains is for the ice queen to thaw for the former beau now!
- What is with former lovers not seeing eye to eye? Aren’t they all grown up and samajhdar? At a recent awards show rehearsal Kareena and Shahid Kapoor accidentally crossed paths and while Kareena chose to ignore him,Shahid is reported to have been shocked and turned back to look at her! Sheesh, grow up!
- Speaking of former lovers, my post seems to have been taken over by them this week. Karman-Hrithik-lookalike-Baweja walked out of a recent awards show when SRK, the host, was teasing Shahid Kapoor on his on-off relationship with PC. Shahid was uncomfortable, but poor Harman could not take it anymore and walked out!
- Did you know there is a law in India which says if someone has adopted a baby girl they cannot adopt another girl? Well, there is. And Sushmita Sen had to fight that law in the court to adopt her new baby girl Alisah. This lady sure treads new paths.
- Seems like wedding bells will soon right for Rani. Her much-under-wraps-but-public relationship with Adi has been finally blessed by Adi’s mamma after holding out for a long time. What a mamma’s boy!
- Did you guys hear about Erich Segal’s death? The man who ‘inspired’ dialogues like ‘Pyar/Friendship me no sorry no thank you’ died a couple of days back, at 72. Love means never having to say you are sorry. Sigh!
I leave you with a PJ.
Finally Deewar wala Amitabh Bachchan has the last word. Why? Well, when Vijay asks Ravi(Shashi Kapoor) mere paas gadi hai bunglow hai bank balance hai, Tumhare paas kya hai? And Ravi says Mere paas ma hain, Vijay can proudly reply Mere pass PAA bhi hain!
Picture courtesy http://www.eventprophire.com
The Times of India online edition